Are you interested in being a referee or an assistant referee for Sun County? Please email Frank Rodrigues at Frod06@hotmail.com for information about referee clinics.
With so many spectators out at the fields, please remember our LMS Code of Conduct:
1) All parents and spectators should watch from the sideline and not from the end line of the fields.
2) Only the coaches should coach. Your job as a spectator is to cheer in a positive manner.
3) LMS promotes recreational soccer, not competitive soccer. Please know that we value fun and exercise over wins and losses. If players want a more competitive team, they can try out for the sun county teams.
4) A few complaints have come in about spectators smoking on the sideline. Please be aware that smoking/vaping is only allowed in the parking lots. If there is grass under your feet, do not smoke or vape please.
5) The canteen opens daily at 5:30 and closes after the last game is complete. If you forget a drink or need a snack, please drop in the canteen. We are cash only!
If you were wondering if today's games are being canceled, that decision will be made between 3 PM and 4 PM. First of all, we do not just cancel games because it is raining. Soccer can be played in the rain, but we look at other safety considerations before cancelling: Are the fields in a playable state? Is there standing water on the pitch? Can players play safely without a higher risk of injury? Is there a threat of lightning during the games? Upon arrival, can spectators safely walk to fields to watch the games?
Having said this, we will post all updates on this website as soon as we know of any cancelations. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we begin the 2023 season.
We are pleased to announce that the LMS Canteen will be open Monday to Thursday during the season, Kick-Off Day and Wind-Up Day. Stop in and buy a snack, a hotdog, a cold drink or some ice cream. All proceeds go to offsetting costs for Leamington Minor Soccer. Please note that, at this time, we are CASH ONLY.
LMS is looking forward to welcoming our local youth to the 2023 LMS house league season.
Here are some key points:
1) Get your gear ready! Kick off is Saturday, April 29 then weekly games begin the first week of May. Shin pads are mandatory. Cleats are recommended.
2) Rosters are now posted to the website! Look under the division tab and scroll through each team to find your player. Now you'll know their team and can compare it to the schedule. Coaches will be contacting players by email or phone- BUT if you don't hear from them, you can find the information you need on the website. If your coaches attempts at connecting with you were unsuccessful, arrive at least 30 minutes early on kick off day and report to the field on your schedule.
3) Visit the site often and double check the schedule! Due to field conditions and other factors that require changes, it is important to check the schedule before each game. It is the responsibility of the parent to check the schedule. Our volunteer coaches can not always send separate communications.
4) Rain outs will be posted to the website and Facebook as soon as possible. Field conditions are assessed and decisions are made with the Municipality. It will be posted as soon as we know.
5) The season will run from May 1 to June 22, with our Kickoff on Saturday, April 29 and our Windup on Sunday, June 25.
6) Our Leamington Minor Soccer Sun County travel soccer teams run July and August after our house league season is complete. Tryouts begin in June, and we are always in need of coaches. Coaches have control over their game and practice nights!
7) The LMS Canteen will be open Monday to Thursday from 5:30PM to 8PM during the season. It will also be open on Kickoff Day, Windup Day,, tournaments and events. Please note that we are CASH ONLY at this time.
Additional FAQs about the Leamington Minor Soccer House League season can be found throughout this site.
Without the generous support of local businesses, LMS would not be able to continue to make the rewarding experience of recreational soccer an affordable reality for the youth of our community.